Our Spring competition at Blue Wren Barn and one lucky winner will get to win prop hire to the value of £500 for their wedding!
Like, comment and share our Facebook page to be in with a chance of winning. Then ask as many friends and family to like, comment with your name and share the page too. (If you already like our page please just share the post as well as entering your wedding date on the competition post)
On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bluewrenbarn/
Entries must be under the pinned post on Facebook. The more people that like and share on Facebook, the more entries for you, the greater your chance of being a winner!
Competition closes on 31st May 2016 at 10pm and the winner will be announced on our birthday on 3rd June 2016 on Facebook.
So what are you waiting for, get sharing and good luck!
This promotion isn’t sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook in any way.
Terms and Conditions
- The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date (31st May 2016 at 10pm). The winner will be announced on 4 May 2016.
- Efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to adhere to the terms and conditions, Blue Wren Barn reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- The prize is the hire of prop items to the value of £500.
- Prize does not include delivery.
- A weekend hire period is available
- We will require a damage deposit payment of 25% which will be refunded once items are returned to us in the same condition as they hired.
- The prize is subject to date availability and items will only be reserved once the deposit has been paid.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- Prize as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Winner agrees to the use of their name, photograph relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- The decision is final.
- Prize to be taken by 31 December 2016.
So, it’s been a tough few weeks with my pops sadly passing away. I take huge comfort though in the fact that Spring is here, some warmth, sunshine and on the farm means you see new life appear up close and that just makes me happy again. Being in the wedding business, like my late father was, means you’re surrounded by joy and positivity. It keeps you going and focuses you on savouring the great things life has to offer; sharing good feelings, love and health. So this leads me onto an exciting eco wedding I am working on this Spring.
The couple are super eco-conscious and wanted me to design a wedding that incorporates their personal tastes with a down to earth, outdoor and rustic vibe (they are to be married outdoors in a humanist ceremony) with a splash of evening glamour. Easy! Well I love a challenge…
As a wedding stylist I like to learn about the couple and find out their story. How they met, what makes them tick, the proposal. Anything that helps me build a picture about them and makes their story unique. Because every story is unique! I suggest they put together a pinterest board- but not to go too crazy – just a max of 20 images is perfect to give me an idea of what you love. In this case, the groom had a nickname for his bride; a bumblebee in Welsh. So cute. So we went along with a honeycomb stamp on recycled luggage tags for the wedding invites. The luggage tags didn’t need envelopes as the address could be written on the underside so savings to be made in terms of paper use. I’m not keen on themes for weddings per se but I do like to tie in elements to a wedding so we will be featuring our new honeycomb shelves that will serve as a backdrop for the bar and a honeycomb shaped table plan sat on one of Blue Wren’s rustic easels.
The couple have chosen a beautiful marquee that was handmade in the nearby Forest of Dean by local craftsmen. This also reduced the carbon footprint of having to have a huge structure delivered across the country.
Bridesmaids are younger nieces and to be in white boho style lace gowns and brown boots. CUTE! As a wedding stylist, I also advise and mock up the table setting. The bride was keen on a natural look so we’re using our upcycled pallet trestle tables (for hire now, to be featured on the website shortly!) which have a gorgeous natural grain. Terraccotta pots with white candles in abundance and splashes of yellow spring colour provided by craspedia stems in Blue Wren’s medicine bottles for hire. I love natural foliage garlands or runners along the table so these would be entwined with the terracotta pots to create a beautiful natural look for the table. Place names will be stamped onto rustic brown paper and slotted into the serviettes tied gently with some rustic string.
I’m looking forward to sharing the results of this wedding in a few weeks time. Praying it’ll be a gorgeous day for the couple as we’re also setting up a few of our wedding hay bale lounges around the garden and possibly inside the marquee.
I do hope the sun shines down on them. xxx